One or two weeks yoga retreat at Shree Narayan Yog Peeth, including asanas, pranayma meditation practice, wellness, naturopathy, detox, & spirituality.
» Venue: Shree Narayan Yog Peeth (Yoga & ayurveda retreat center registered with Yoga Alliance®)
» Location: Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh at the foothills of the Himalayas
» Duration: 1 - 2 weeks
» Fees: US$ 350 (1 week), US$ 600 (2 weeks)
» Optional: Pickup at Delhi airport to Rishikesh and Rishikesh to Delhi airport drop-off by taxi for US$ 160
» Inclusions: Asana & Meditation classes, Nutrition & Preventive Health Care Classes, ayurveda massages, trekking in the Himalayas, river rafting (when available, depending on season) food & accommodation.
Yoga Retreats Schedule :-
- Yoga classes : 90 mins in the morning & 90 mins in the afternoon (Mon ~ Sat).
- Nutrition & Preventive Health Care Classes.
- Private room with attached bath.
- Three meals per day.
- 2 sessions of ayurveda massage per week.
- River rafting (depending on availability).
- Delhi airport to Rishikesh by car - US$ 85
- Delhi airport to Rishikesh and Rishikesh to Delhi airport by car - US$ 160
Yoga Syllabus :-
- Mantra chanting with Ethics of the day.
- Practice and Techniques of Shat karma (Cleansing techniques)
- Practice and techniques of Asana (Physical postures)
- Practice and techniques of Pranayama (Breathing practices)
- Practice of Dhyan (Meditation)
Evaluation & Certification :-
- There is no evaluation for short term yoga courses and retreats.
- If required, a certificate of participation can be provided by Shree Narayana Yog Peeth.
Yoga For Beginners - Daily Schedule :-
Time Routine 07:30 a.m. to 08:00 a.m Cleansing & Chanting 08:00 a.m. to 09:00 a.m Yoga Asana 09:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m Breakfast 01:00 p.m. to 02:00 p.m Lunch 05:00 p.m. to 06:00 p.m Yoga Asana 06:00 p.m. to 06:30 p.m Meditation 07:00 p.m. to 08:00 p.m Dinner
Important Notes :-
- We have limited seats available for short term yoga courses and retreats, therefore, booking in advance is highly recommended.
- Booking amount is US$ 100 (non-refundable) and change of joining dates are allowed within 6 months from the date of actual booking.
- During yoga teacher training courses, most of our rooms are occupied by TTC students and short term yoga course students are accommodated at nearby hotels with similar room facilities.
- Duration of daily yoga classes can be increased (from 90 minutes to 120 minutes), if required.
- Daily schedule is subject to change depending on weather conditions
Ethical Guidelines :-
The organization Shree Narayana Yog Peeth inherits the ancient approach of yoga to inculcate and infuse the wisdom of yoga in each and every student of Yog Peeth. To see this vision in to practice the whole design of teaching and learning is framed in such a way that ethical sense becomes inevitable for all the members of Yog Peeth.
At Shree Narayana Yog Peeth, the very beginning of the day starts with the ancient code of conduct prescribed in the name of Dincharya (the daily regimen). Every day activities are arranged in the light of Ritucharya (seasonal code of conduct). Moreover, every step of behavior of the individual is visualized under the concept of Achar-rasayan (behavioral chemistry).
We see the whole spectrum of Yama (rules, how to act in the society) and Niyama (personal code and conducts) prescribed by Mahrishi Patanjali need to be seen into practical, day to day behavioral terminology. If not hundred percent, at least whatever feasible that should be practiced sincerely and honestly. We feel this sense of transparency in the behavior of an individual is essential to be in the path of Yoga.
The system of the traditional teaching some time may differ from the west. Therefore, students are advised to make their mind before they apply or get registered for our yoga teacher training program. Even some time the fundamental understanding of yogic path may differ from what is taught in yoga schools in the west.
Those, who are just expecting some of the modified versions of physical exercises in the name of Yoga, then Shree Narayana Yog Peeth may not be a right place. One should apply only if he/she is willing to follow the strict yogic rules and regulations of the Peeth.
Code Of Conduct :-
Routine of the course should be strictly followed. Discipline is an integral part of this training program. Disrespect may render the student to lose his/her studentship and in such case no fees would be refunded.
Absence from any activity of the scheduled program is a gross breach of discipline. Under inevitable circumstances, a student should obtain permission in advance from the teacher concerned/the respective Manager accordingly.
If a specific meal is to be avoided, it should be informed to the person concerned in good time, so that no food may be wasted.
Guests of the students will have to make their own arrangements. During the course, any kind of extra-ordinary activities, not related to the course, will not be permitted.
No student would be allowed to enter in to the hall, once the class starts.
All the library books and other dues, if any, must be settled before leaving the place.
Smoking and drinking alcohol are strictly prohibited.
It is advised that before submitting an application to a yoga training program, we strongly encourage applicants to consider the time and resource investments required on the path of yoga. The specified deposit is due with the application, and it is non-refundable, but in case of any change in program, one can choose to go for any next scheduled course within the span of a year. We understand that emergencies and other life situations do arise. We recommend that you carefully review your schedule and upcoming obligations to ensure that you can commit fully to teacher training.